Rekindling Your Passion and Returning to Riding: A Journey of Renewal with Yoga and Pilates
Life can pull us away from the things we love, but it's never too late to reconnect with our passions. Whether it's a break due to life changes, injury, or illness, getting back into riding can be exciting and liberating. In this blog, we'll explore practical tips to help you prepare for your return to the saddle. So, dust off those riding boots, get ready to saddle up, and let's embark on this adventure together.
The Benefits of Riding Again:
Getting back into riding has numerous advantages beyond just enjoying what you love. Here are some of the great benefits to look forward to:
1. Expanding Your Circle: Reconnecting with riding means connecting with like-minded people and making new friends who share your passion.
2. Strengthening Your Body: Riding engages different muscles, providing a workout that strengthens and tones your body while burning calories.
3. Rediscovering Joy: Returning to the saddle brings back the joy and happiness that riding brings.
4. Better Balance and Coordination: Riding enhances your balance and coordination, which helps you both in and out of the saddle.
5. Improving Posture: Regular riding practice encourages better body awareness and posture, benefiting both you and your horse.
Preparing for Your Return:
Before you hop back into the saddle, there are a few things you can do to make the transition smoother:
1. Check Your Gear: Ensure your riding gear is in good condition and complies with safety standards. Upgrading gear like comfortable gloves for winter riding can enhance your experience.
2. Condition Your Body: Start practicing Yoga and Pilates to strengthen your body, improve flexibility, and stabilize your pelvis. This will enhance your comfort and communication with your horse.
3. Take Refresher Lessons: Even if you were an experienced rider, consider taking some refresher lessons to boost your confidence and receive valuable feedback.
4. Expect Some Discomfort: Returning to riding may involve using muscles you haven't used in a while. Be patient and ease any discomfort with warm baths and gentle stretches.
5. Gradual Progress: Increase the frequency and intensity of your rides gradually, respecting your body's limits. Focus on your personal progress, not on comparing yourself to others.
6. Positive Mindset: Let go of negative thoughts and appreciate that your return to riding is for your own well-being. Be present, celebrate achievements, and take pride in your journey back to the saddle.
7. Overcoming Fear: If you're feeling fearful due to a previous fall, work with a mindset coach and your riding trainer to build your confidence. Celebrate each step forward.
Enjoying the Ride:
Remember, riding is not just physical; it's also a meditative experience. Studies show that horse riding increases serotonin levels, improving your mood and reducing stress. Embrace the pleasure of being active while bonding with your horse.
Returning to riding is a powerful journey of reconnecting with your passion and strengthening your bond with your equine partner. The combination of Yoga, Pilates, and riding offers a holistic approach to renewal. As you saddle up again, let the harmony of these practices guide you towards a journey of empowerment.
For more information and guidance, visit www.solihullyoga.com and take your first steps back into the saddle with confidence. In the meantime here's a FREE Equestrian meditation to prepare for Eventing, for more information on how Yoga and Pilates can give you success in the saddle log on to www.eqyogi.com.